-
May 10th, 2005, 02:13 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Somehow,I never was bothered by taking dolls out with me as a child, or as an adult. And now at age 52, I couldn't care less what other people's "opinions" are on much of anything in particular!
How did I get my 7 yr. old?? She is my biogranddaughter and adopted daughter (result of my daughter's teenage pregnancy). Very, Very EARLY (a few days old!) It became pretty obvious that little baby needed us as PARENTS and we embarked on a whirlwind series of events we never anticipated, never ever imagined, we would be part of....All the professionals (social workers, doctors, lawyers, my own daughter) told us, "ADOPT HER!!!" and so we did....her biomom, my daughter, has had catastrophic health problems that make her lucky to even be alive right now.
I can be MOM to BOTH of those girls, and I am...somewhere in time "GrandMother" was coined as a term...and I am that plus more.
Does our 7 yr. old know she is adopted? You betcha. Does she care? Nope. Does she see her "real" mom? You betcha.
Is it really any business of yours, even reading this? Nope. But we are open, honest, above-board in our parenting of this child, and she ADORES her "special story"...Every child has one, after all because every child is unique, an individual, and every child is special.
We play with our child. She has the most wonderful childhood any child could ask for, all hers. Full of imagination, exploration, discovery and love. We do not spare the $$ on her, nor do we spare the love. All is hers, and in that, all is ours.
As I wrote, Long ago I quit worrying about "what people 'think'". Its all up to us to live the lives we choose, to affect those we are involved with in a positive, caring way. Dolls just happen to be a part of my lifestyle, my parenting, and as a former teacher oh boy, do the real Kids LOVE the projects I bring to school! So many, even in private school, do not know what an AG doll is, and when they learn about them you should see their eyes light up!
I think the problem with so many children today is, Parents do not spend TIME with their children. What they crave and need is our TIME. That is how they define the love we give them.
carly
carly
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks